West Hendon Estate
Since 2013, BECG has undertaken the construction communications for one of the largest estate regeneration projects in London. BECG first worked on this project during the planning stages from 2010 and is intimately associated with the site and the local population.
Although the estate regeneration was originally very controversial, the six phases of the delivery of the new estate are now progressing well. Residents have moved into their new homes as the re-development and delivery of additional new development takes place.
BECG works closely with all the agencies involved in this project which is a Joint Venture between the public sector and private sector. Communication is with the original tenants of the estate and the new occupants of the additional development.
BECG issues a regular West Hendon Community Times which keeps residents up to date with the expansion of community facilities on site as well as the final phases of the development.
BECG’s role has covered:
- regular construction working groups, held over many years
- regular construction newsletters to over 2,000 local addresses
- updating of the project website with the latest news
- responding to construction noise complaints
- publicity for activities taking place in the Community Hub
Our work is ongoing through 2020.