We are working on a pro-bono basis for Seeds for Growth, a charity who enhance life chances of disadvantaged communities in East London. Specifically, we are helping to promote the work that they do building community gardens in under-utilised areas on social housing estates.
We are utilising the London Mayoral and Assembly campaigns to promote the work they do with key political figures.
Key project information
- Looking to get support for the work that they do from London Mayoral and Assembly candidates and a commitment to work alongside them after the election.
- This would take the form of a pledge that candidates would sign up to and Seeds for Growth would then let their supporters know which candidates had signed up to support the scheme.
- Additionally, we would seek to use our contacts to influence the manifesto drafting process of Sadiq Khan’s campaign to get a commitment to support their work.
- Look to offer campaign visits for the key Mayoral candidates to get buy in for the schemes.
How we assisted
- We used our knowledge to put together a database of the candidates and their contact details.
- Drafted and sent email correspondence to all London Assembly candidates asking them to sign up to the pledge.
- Spoke with the main architect of Sadiq Khan’s manifesto to ensure a commitment was included in the document.
- Offer campaign visits to the Mayoral campaigns through their supportive Assembly candidates and our links to their campaigns.
- A pledge to support the scheme was included in Sadiq Khan’s Mayoral manifesto giving Seeds for Growth an opportunity to work with the GLA post-election to spread their projects across the city.
- UKIP Mayoral candidate tweeted his support.
- Campaign visits were offered to all the main campaigns.
- More to follow after the elections in May.