Uniper Energy operates the Ratcliffe on Soar Coal Fired Power Station in Nottinghamshire.
As part of the UK’s transition towards a low carbon economy, Uniper Energy is seeking to transform the power station site into a zero carbon technology and energy hub for the East Midlands region.
The East Midlands Energy ReGEneration (EMERGE) Centre is the first step towards delivering this vision. The 49.9MW Energy Recovery Facility will process around 500,000 tonnes of waste per annum and generate enough electricity to power around 90,000 homes.
How we assisted
BECG developed a full political, stakeholder and community consultation strategy to ensure that interested parties across Nottinghamshire were able to find out about the project.
- Community newsletters throughout the planning process to explain the project
- Two, two-day public exhibitions in nearby villages
- A dedicated project website
- Site visits for elected representatives
- Post-submission supporter mobilisation campaign
The application is due to be determined by Nottinghamshire County Council in June 2021.