Driving best practice social media customer service
The water industry is quite unique with heavy regulation from the industry body Ofwat. When it comes to customer service, water companies are gearing up to record and report on the number of complaints received via all communications channels including social media.
Key Project Information
- Ensure customers receive the highest levels of customer service, as measured by the industry regulator Ofwat.
- Improve customer service response times and response quality on social media.
- Establish a single view of all social media activity spanning both the Customer Service team and the Marketing Communications team.
- Monitor the sentiment of customer engagements and record an audit trail of all social media activity.
How we assisted
As part of a wider digital transformation initiative, the team were seeking a new solution that would allow the organisation to deliver a better, faster customer experience on social media.
CrowdControlHQ, a social media management platform, owned by BECG, worked with the client to establish a social service channel, offering them enhanced monitoring and reporting in an easy to use system for their agents.
Because of the strict regulations on complaints, it was vital that South Staffs Water were able to monitor and respond quickly to new enquiries on social media, making it as easy as possible for customers to get in touch.
With CrowdControlHQ, South Staffs Water have improved their social media customer service capabilities resulting in a better customer experience.
Additionally, the Communications team now have a single dashboard to collaboratively plan and schedule content, and drive greater engagement with customers and local communities on social.
- Ability to manage social media customer care enquiries at scale in times of crisis or incident, with an average response time of just 2 minutes.
- Can safely manage hundreds of social media interactions with a complete audit trail of all activity and sentiment.
- Established a reliable and repeatable process to record complaints on social media which can be reported to senior management and the industry body Ofwat.
- A shared dashboard for all social media engagements across the Customer Service and Communications teams, allowing close collaboration and resulting in a better overall customer experience.
- Ability to plan and schedule social media content in advance, and easily report on the performance with detailed campaign and post analytics.
See why hundreds of brands use CrowdControlHQ to get more results from social media.