Senior Account Manager
What it’s all about
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-starting individual with a passion for operating across the public affairs, stakeholder engagement and community consultation sectors. Outgoing and adaptable with a commercial focus, we want someone able to build rapport quickly and who is driven to build client accounts and develop new business across a range of sectors.
What you’ll need to do
Supporting the Directors, you’ll be executing creative engagement strategies to help achieve your clients’ objectives across a range of sectors. Liaising directly with clients you will ensure the effective delivery of all projects within your portfolio, advising on and executing effective strategies on time, within budget and across a range of mediums whether that be liaising with the media, politicians or producing written consultation collateral.
What you’ll need to be
- Ideally experienced within the built environment and property sectors, with a network of political contacts, media, and prospective clients
- Experience of working in an agency setting advising clients in relation to public affairs, public consultation, stakeholder engagement and media relations strategy.
- An excellent communicator, with strong writing and inter-personal skills.
- Have a clear understanding of the local planning and/or public affairs sector.
- A strong commercial understanding and a demonstrable background in growing client accounts and securing virgin new business wins.
Who we are & what we do
BECG is a sector specialist communications consultancy for the built environment. We provide our private and public sector clients with expert counsel and communications services including public affairs, planning communications, corporate communications, public relations, and marketing. We use our expertise to promote a better understanding and acceptance of the built environment and deliver value to our clients by maximising opportunities, managing reputations and reducing risk.
Operating from nine offices across the UK, our people are sector specialists that champion the built environment sectors. They manage political, media and community relationships for some of the UK’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.
In 2019, BECG has been awarded the Best Places to Work in Property accolade by Property Week, ICCO EMEA Independent Consultancy of the Year Award, ranked No 2 in Property Week’s UK Public Affairs consultancy rankings, and named one of the top three fastest growing PR consultancies in the UK by PR week.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age