What it’s all about
Due to significant growth and ambitious plans for further expansion, we are actively seeking an experienced, proactive and commercially-minded Finance Manager to support the group’s Finance team.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operations within the Finance Team. They will also be fundamental in partnering departments and business units to help increase commercial awareness, identify trends and enhance profitability across the group.
What you’ll need to do
Primary responsibilities will include overseeing and supporting the development of two Finance Assistants and leading the day-to-day finance function from transactional finance and credit control through to financial reporting and analysis including:
- Producing sales invoices and customer statements, proactively chasing debtors as well as processing supplier invoices, resolving queries and paying staff expenses.
- Daily bank receipts/payments and maintaining bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with the maintenance and reconciliation of fixed assets, accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis of management accounts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow).
- Supporting in the preparation and submission of statutory accounts and similar statutory returns.
- Ensuring that the use of financial operations systems is maximised.
What you’ll need to be
- Ideally degree/AAT qualified and/or part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Tech-savvy with strong Excel skills (LOOKUPS and pivot tables a minimum)
- Confident and highly personable with strong communication skills and tenacity to chase debtors and interact effectively with all levels of the business
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Commercial and analytical ideally with experience of synthesising data, identifying trends and communicating effectively with non-financial team members
- Proactive with a passion for problem solving, continuous improvement and process betterment
- A strong team player with energy and enthusiasm to help achieve the group’s plans for growth
Who we are & what we do
BECG is a sector specialist communications consultancy for the built environment. We provide our private and public sector clients with expert counsel and communications services including public affairs, planning communications, corporate communications, public relations, and marketing. We use our expertise to promote a better understanding and acceptance of the built environment and deliver value to our clients by maximising opportunities, managing reputations and reducing risk.
Operating from nine offices across the UK, our people are sector specialists that champion the built environment sectors. They manage political, media and community relationships for some of the UK’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.
In 2019, BECG has been awarded the Best Places to Work in Property accolade by Property Week, ICCO EMEA Independent Consultancy of the Year Award, ranked No 2 in Property Week’s UK Public Affairs consultancy rankings, and named one of the top three fastest growing PR consultancies in the UK by PR week.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age