What it’s all about
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operations within the Finance Team. They will also be fundamental in partnering departments and business units to help increase commercial awareness, identify trends and enhance profitability across the group.
Primary responsibilities will include overseeing and supporting the development of two Finance Assistants and leading the day-to-day finance function from transactional finance and credit control through to financial reporting and analysis.
What you need to be
- Ideally degree/AAT qualified and/or part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Tech-savvy with strong Excel skills (LOOKUPS and pivot tables a minimum)
- Confident and highly personable with strong communication skills and tenacity to chase debtors and interact effectively with all levels of the business
- Highly numerate and excellent attention to detail
- Commercial and analytical ideally with experience of synthesising data, identifying trends and communicating effectively with non-financial team members.
What you’ll need to do
- Producing monthly sales invoices for approval and distribution, reconciling to business unit pipelines
- Issuing customer statements and proactively chasing debtors, escalating through the appropriate channels where necessary
- Processing supplier invoices, reconciling statements, proposing payment lists and resolving queries
- Checking and processing monthly credit card expenses and bi-monthly cash expense claims
- Processing daily bank receipts/payments and maintaining bank reconciliations
- Ensuring a timely month end close by assisting with the maintenance and reconciliation of fixed assets, accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet accounts
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis of management accounts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow)
- Preparing and analysing key business reports (WIP, sales forecasts, expenditure, job profitability, staff utilisation, etc.), communicating with departments and business units to help interpret data
- Supporting Department Heads and business units in reviewing expenditure, creating fee proposals, preparing and analysing reports and proactively working with them to improve profitability
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of statutory accounts and similar statutory returns
- Assisting with the preparation for financial audits
- Helping to ensure key operational systems including SAGE, Synergist and ADP are fully up-to-date and maximised across the business where appropriate, deliver training where appropriate
- Proactively improving processes and overall efficiency within the Finance Department
Who we are & What we do
Operating from eight offices across the UK, we manage political, media and community relationships for some of the country’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.
The teams help clients achieve their goals by engaging with politicians at a local, regional and national level, whether they’re seeking to obtain planning consent for a new development, deliver best-practice consultation, manage reputation, raise their profile with political stakeholders or influence Government policy.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age