Account Manager I&E
What it’s all about
We are looking for a talented, experienced and ambitious individual to join our industry-leading Infrastructure & Energy practice.
The successful candidate will support the Directors in building the commercial success of BECG through maintaining and growing a valuable portfolio of profitable and satisfied I&E clients.
You will be adept at managing and acting as the day-to-day lead on high profile projects and show a strong desire to get involved and contribute to marketing and new business efforts to secure future projects.
This role can be based out of BECG’s London, Southampton, Birmingham or Manchester offices and the successful candidate will be selected based on ability and key competencies rather than location. BECG works flexibly and in an agile way to ensure a blend of virtual and office working. The role will require close working with the Board Directors and Senior Account Manager focused on Infrastructure & Energy, who are based in BECG’s London office.
What you’ll need to know
- Strong and demonstrable interest in current affairs, politics and public engagement on major infrastructure
- A general understanding of the infrastructure and energy sectors and the challenges they face, such as Net Zero
- Strong working knowledge of the UK planning process and relevant consenting regimes (e.g. DCO, T&CPA, TWAOs).
- Over three years’ experience in Stakeholder Engagement, preferably agency side but client side will be considered where appropriate.
- An understanding of how a major project is delivered and the various parties involved in developing a proposal e.g. environmental consultants, engineers, land agents etc.
- An understanding of how the above partners interface with the consenting process to deliver a compliant consultation.
- Experience in the client facing environment.
- The ability to think strategically and develop new business proposals, tender responses and client strategies and engagement plans.
- The ability to think creatively and out of the box to develop new and exciting solutions to communications and engagement challenges.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to digest technical documents and turn them into plain speaking, public facing literature.
- Financially astute with experience in developing budget proposals with support from relevant Directors and delivering against financial targets.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work across client and internal teams to develop strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
What you’ll need to do
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver compliant communications campaigns in support of major I&E projects including DCOs, TWAOs and T&CPA schemes. This will include elements of strategy formulation as well as tactical delivery
- Support and lead the delivery of current I&E client work including strategy development, tactical delivery, community and media liaison, client meeting attendance, and compiling project documentation
- Carry out research both in support of individual tenders and pitches and more general campaigns targeted at certain audiences within the I&E sector
- Work with the Directors to analyse the market, develop new offerings and products/services.
- Work in a flexible way across projects and teams to provide support in line with client and new business demands.
Who we are & What we do
BECG is a group of companies specialising in communications, incorporating Crowd Technologies, Cavendish Advocacy, and Liberty One. We provide private and public sector clients with communications services, including public affairs, planning communications, corporate communications, government relations, public relations, marketing, and social media management software.
Operating from twelve offices across the UK, our people are communications specialists who manage the political, media, and community relationships for some of the UK’s most respected companies.
BECG has recently been awarded the Best Places to Work in Property accolade by Property Week, ranked No 3 in PR Week’s UK Public Affairs consultancy rankings and PRCA Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year in 2020.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.