What it’s all about
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with an interest in politics and PR to deliver exceptional communications services to our clients in the property, energy and infrastructure sectors. This post support BECG’s London-based team, with a focus on our clients in the East of England.
With the support of the wider team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop an exciting career at BECG as we continue to expand, the ambition to play an active role in a growing team is therefore essential.
- Excellent literacy and writing skills
- Excellent word and excel skills
- Good level of numeracy and ability to understand basic financial data
- Attention to detail and ability to manage competing client demands and deadlines
- Interest and knowledge in politics and planning
- Familiarity with general office IT systems and social media platforms
Desirable experience includes:
- Political contacts and/or campaigning experience in the East of England
- Experience of working within a communications agency
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage exhibition planning process, preparing equipment and booking venues and assist in the organisation of exhibitions and stakeholder events.
- Write press releases, presenting good quality, accurate articles with attention to detail. Undertake proof reading of client and internal work and produce draft letters, newsletters and exhibition boards.
- Undertake Political & Stakeholder desktop research, providing thorough and complete analysis and recommendations for projects with support from senior colleagues.
- Attend and assist with one to one meetings and client liaison with support from senior colleagues
- Manage and direct incoming calls from the information lines and be a point of contact for the client on the phone, through emails and face to face meetings as appropriate.
- Deliver administrative tasks to support the team in delivery of client work and as part of the wider client team to deliver relevant aspects of our service.
- Develop a commercial awareness of the profitability of client accounts and support New Business opportunities as and when required, e.g. research, preparing pitch materials, contributing to brain storms.
Who we are & What we do
Operating from eight offices across the UK, we manage political, media and community relationships for some of the country’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.
The teams help clients achieve their goals by engaging with politicians at a local, regional and national level, whether they’re seeking to obtain planning consent for a new development, deliver best-practice consultation, manage reputation, raise their profile with political stakeholders or influence Government policy.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age