The Car Ownership Debate in London
With environmental issues featuring increasingly on the political agenda, we’re looking to see how local government can react to the challenge, particularly focusing on travel and car ownership. The webinar will explore questions such as:
- How can local government help to reduce vehicle emissions?
- How can we do so while understanding residents’ feelings about their cars?
- Do we have to prepare residents for having to change how they live their lives?
- How can the planning system help to do this?
- Are interventions like ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone) and LTNs (Low Traffic Neighbourhoods) required to do this? If so, how are they best implemented?
The panel comprises of:
- Cllr Claire Holland, Leader of Lambeth Council
- Cllr Peter Golds, Leader of the Opposition at Tower Hamlets
- Neil Lawrence, Planning Director at Avison Young
- Victoria Porter, i-Transport