Placemaking and the levelling up agenda
In a post-Covid environment, the emergence of a ‘new normal’ means that development models now need to be reassessed to ensure that new homes are spacious, light and airy, and that people are able to go shopping, spend time in nature or to see a doctor within a 10-15-minute walk from home. Placemaking is more important than ever before and the importance of access to public open spaces, better infrastructure and greater engagement and understanding of existing local communities is crucial.
This webinar explored the concept of placemaking and what this also means for the government’s ‘levelling up’ agenda as it seeks to redress the economic imbalance between north and south.
Infrastructure Intelligence have partnered with BECG for a series of free virtual roundtables, webinars, and interviews which will bring the infrastructure community together to share and learn from their experiences and to focus on what a successful future should look like for the sector.
- Aine Martin, Technical Director, Mott MacDonald
- Steven Tomlinson, Senior Station Development Manager, LCR Property
- Ruth Jeffs, Regional Director for Infrastructure and Environment, Waterman Group
- Sean Keyes, Managing Director, Sutcliffe and Chair of ACE North West
- Kevin Whitmore, Head of North & Midlands, BECG