Watch: MMCs – overcoming the barriers to greater adoption in housebuilding
Modern methods of construction (MMCs) have the potential to revolutionise house building and assist in reaching the target of 300,000 homes per year. They bring high-quality design, innovative building methods and, perhaps most importantly, have significant sustainability benefits.
But while a good start has been made, the uptake in MMC use in housebuilding has not been as substantial as many would have liked.
We explored how the government, housebuilding sector and MMC community can work together better to overcome the barriers to greater adoption, and what more is needed from Government to get the MMC revolution going?
We were joined by:
- Mark Farmer – Government’s Champion for Modern Methods of Construction in Housebuilding
- Keith Blanshard – Industry Advisor, Buildoffsite
- Jonathan Layzell – Executive Director – Development, Stonewater
- Dave Sheridan – Executive Chairman, Ilke Homes
- Chair: Sarah Wardle – Associate Director, BECG
At the beginning of 2021, BECG commissioned Buildoffsite to provide insight into the challenges in adoption of MMCs and how these can be overcome. The report sets out the findings of the survey and provides insight and knowledge on the offsite sector. Fill in the below form to download the report and watch our webinar.