Buildoffsite MMC Conference
We will be part of the speaker line up for the Buildoffsite MMC Conference on 26 January 2021, running from 10:30 to 14:30.
Join us for the inaugural virtual conference focused on the offsite sector and the opportunities for Modern Methods of Construction. With awareness of MMC continuing to grow, and as the sector navigates the current pandemic, this conference will focus on the benefits that MMC brings to projects across multiple sectors, as well as the challenges faced by Government, industry and supply chain.
Following an industry wide survey in late 2020, our Senior Account Director, David Button, will discuss the outcomes of this survey, highlighting the main challenges and barriers to increased adoption of MMC and begin to look at how the sector can find solutions to these.
The conference will be held as an online event and will explore and analyse these issues with industry expert speakers and experts:
- Sam Stacey, Challenge Director, Innovate UK
- Fergus Harradence, Deputy Director for Construction, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Shelagh Grant, Chief Executive, The Housing Forum
- Professor Tim Broyd, Head of Industry Foresight, Buildoffsite & Director of Institute for Digital Innovation in the Built Environment, UCL
- Chris Millard, Head of Engineering Excellence, Laing O’Rourke
- Tomas Garcia, Head of Civil Structures, High Speed Two (HS2)
- Lara Young, Group Carbon Manager, Costain
- Gemma Smith, Managing Director, Homes by Strata
- David Button, Senior Account Director, BECG
Places are free for Buildoffsite Members, £65 + VAT for CIRIA members and £95 +VAT for non-members.