What it’s all about
You will support the East Region Director in meeting the KPIs set by BECG’s Board in terms of income, business development, client satisfaction and employee engagement.
The successful applicant will be based in Cambridge and will be tasked with building up a team to service BECG’s existing clients, and to secure new clients through business development activity, as well as working with established teams in BECG East’s offices in London and Norwich.
You will have a key role in supporting the Director in delivering the overall KPIs set by BECG’s Board across the Group’s East region.
What you’ll need to have
- An extensive network of industry and political contacts in the East of England, with the experience and credibility to offer senior counsel to clients and foster senior client relationships
- Ability to identify and close new business opportunities through networking, sales and marketing activities, proposal writing, pitch process leadership and price negotiation
- Leading and mentoring to motivate, develop and drive a high performing team
- Effective people management and delegation skills
- Experience of working within a communications agency at a senior level and reporting into management
- Ability to sell ideas to clients and bring initiatives to life
- Ability to assimilate briefs and deliver accurately against requirements
- Partnership negotiation
- Project management experience
- Excellent level of numeracy and the ability to understand financial data
- Excellent attention to detail
- In depth knowledge of communications, marketing and business
What you’ll need to do
This is the most senior role within the Group outside an Operations Board position. You are therefore responsible for building the commercial success of BECG through a number of key responsibilities;
- Maintaining and growing a valuable portfolio of profitable and satisfied clients
- Developing, leading and creating high performing teams
- Securing BECG’s future income through successful new business
- Assisting in business planning and innovation to keep BECG at the forefront of the industry
Who we are and what we do
Operating from nine offices across the UK, we manage political, media and community relationships for some of the country’s most respected companies. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest, most experienced stakeholder and community engagement teams in Britain.
The teams help clients achieve their goals by engaging with politicians at a local, regional and national level, whether they’re seeking to obtain planning consent for a new development, deliver best-practice consultation, manage reputation, raise their profile with political stakeholders or influence Government policy.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.