What it’s all about
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with an interest in politics and PR to deliver exceptional communications services to our clients in the property, energy and infrastructure sectors.
This post support BECG’s Winchester-based team, with a focus on our clients in the South of England.
The ambition to play an active role in a growing team is essential. With the support of the wider team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop an exciting career at BECG as we continue to expand.
What you’ll need to have
- Excellent literacy and writing skills
- Excellent word and excel skills
- Good level of numeracy and ability to understand basic financial data
- Attention to detail and ability to manage competing client demands and deadlines
- Interest and knowledge in politics and planning
- Familiarity with general office IT systems and social media platforms
- Political contacts and/or campaigning experience in the South of England
- Work experience or knowledge of working within a communications agency
What you’ll need to do
- Manage exhibition planning process, preparing equipment and booking venues.
- Producing draft letters, newsletters and exhibition boards.
- Undertake Political & Stakeholder desktop research, providing thorough and complete analysis and recommendations for projects with support from senior colleagues.
- Assist in the organisation of exhibitions and stakeholder events.
- Attend and assist with one to one meetings and client liaison with support from senior colleagues
- Write press releases, presenting good quality, accurate articles with attention to detail.
- Undertake proof reading of client and internal work.
- Manage and direct incoming calls from the information lines.
- Develop a commercial awareness of the profitability of client accounts and the impact of time spent on them.
- Work as part of the wider client team to deliver relevant aspects of our service.
- Be a point of contact for the client on the phone, through emails and face to face meetings as appropriate.
- Understand project delivery processes and how to support the wider team.
- Support New Business opportunities as and when required, e.g. research, preparing pitch materials, contributing to brain storms.
- Deliver administrative tasks to support the team in delivery of client work.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.