1st/2nd Line ICT Helpdesk/Onsite Support Engineer – Winchester
What it’s all about
BECG is a PR Week Top 150 consultancy and one of the UK’s leading communications specialists in the Built Environment. Due to significant growth and ambitious plans for further expansion, we are actively seeking an enthusiastic and proactive 1st / 2nd Line ICT Helpdesk/Onsite Support Engineer to support the Group’s growing ICT Department.
Working closely with the Group’s ICT Manager, the appointed 1st / 2nd Line Helpdesk/Support Engineer will play a key role supporting the day-to-day operations within the ICT team.
What you’ll need to know
- Knowledge & experience of AD, DNS, DHCP, WAN & Networking.
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Server 2012 R2 & Hyper-V environments.
- Experience of Office 365 Admin Panel.
- Experience working with ticketing & monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of cloud-based Antivirus, Spam Filters & Secure Web Gateway filters.
- Basic understanding of IT hardware repair.
- Understanding of VOIP products.
- A strong team player with plenty of energy and enthusiasm to help achieve the group’s ambitious plans for growth and to help be a part of a strong streamlined team.
- Good communication skills
- CompTia A+ or similar qualification although training will be provided to the right individual.
What you’ll need to do
- Providing 1st Line support for internal users.
- Manage and respond to ICT Tickets raised by end users and automated systems.
- Assist the ICT Manager in maintaining the internal servers and infrastructure.
- Provide basic IT support for user accounts, email, telephony and hardware.
- Monitor internal systems with our in-house Remote Monitoring system.
- Creating and managing accounts in Office 365.
- Remote access to users and servers to rectify issues.
- Liaising with internal users up to board level to resolve IT issues.
- Monitoring antivirus status.
- Monitoring SD-WAN VPN
- Occasionally liaising with external suppliers in the absence of the ICT Manager.
- Ensuring new systems are rolled out to company standards.
- Updating records where necessary.
- Ensuring any other duties are carried out to conclusion or escalated where necessary.
BECG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.