Communications beyond Covid
Are we at the new-normal yet? With the sun shining, the ability to see loved ones (socially distanced of course), and High Streets re-opening aspects of our personal lives are returning to something that more closely resembles life before Covid.
In the world of work, however, there is less change and nearly all communications professionals I speak with are still working from home (because they can), staying off public transport, collaborating with team and partners through digital technology, and successfully looking after their internal and external clients remotely.
As we wait for the next raft of lockdown easing measures in early July this is the ideal time to look back on what we have experienced in communications over the past three months, and look forward to how it will, or won’t, change our professional lives in the months and years ahead.
As Chair of the PRCA’s Built Environment Group, an industry forum that shares best practice and insights on communications in our sector, I have gathered together a selection of buit environment communications professionals to join a panel discussion on Thursday 9th July at 17:00 to consider this topic.
I will be joined by:
- Max Curtis – Director of Communications and Public Affairs, Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing Association
- Jonathan Morgan – External Communications Manager, Electricity North West
- Drew McNeill – Head of Public Relations, The British Property Federation
- Jenny Riddell Carpenter – Director, Corporate Communications, BECG
Amongst other issues we will be considering the following and taking questions from the audience.
- How has Covid-19 affected the communications priorities for your organisation?
- What have been the biggest challenges, and how did you meet them?
- Have your team’s skill sets matched the requirements of the crisis?
- Which changes within the new way of working do you see as permanent, and which are temporary?
- How will corporate messaging strategy evolve as we move through the recovery phase?
- What opportunities can you see emerging from the crisis for you, your team, and company?
We hope you can join the webinar to listen in and ideally pose a question to our panel. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.